Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GAME

I have not made much progress in my Plan this week. I was supposed to give my turning points pre-assessment today, but we have been off for the past two days for snow. I plan to reschedule as soon as possible. The problem with turning points is if we have a day like today when I reserved them and then couldn't use them,they could be reserved for the next several days and this puts me behind. Any teacher knows that it is hard to be behind with all the Indicators we are expected to teach. Two days off and now I have to reserve the clickers as soon as I can which could take several more days. It will be hard to catch up.

4 comments:

  1. Trisha

    The reserving of clickers and computer rooms are really tedious. It would be great if all the classes had laptops, interactive white boards and clickers o that we would not need to reserve them. I find that teachers in my school will just reserve the computer room whether they think they will need it or not. This is a problem as they continue to book the lab and then do not need to use it and it remains empty.

    Sorry you were put out but you may want to do like some of our teachers just reserve it for days and then if something happens like your snow days you will still have it reserved for an extra two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run into the same problem in my school. The computer labs are being reserved at the beginning of the year for the whole year. It gets booked up quick. It makes it hard when someone does need it for a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorna and Trish,

    It sounds to me like the administration is dropping the ball on this one. If someone is reserving the lab and then not actually using it, a valuable resource is being wasted. As stewards of the schools' resources, your principals need to ensure they are being used for the betterment of the students.

    Is this indicative of the value placed on technology by the powers-that-be? Hum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Response to Trisha

    I feel your frustration. It is hard when teachers have to share technology resources. Our lab is often booked and then not used for one reason or another. Sometimes I just look in the lab to see if it's really being used or not. But, that's even tricky because a teacher may be using it and come with his/her class later in the period. Also, our computer lab is the dental clinic next week and thus the computer lab is closed. Our computer lab is like a multipurpose room for book fair, dental clinic, Santa's workshop, IEP meetings, etc...

    ReplyDelete