Wednesday, January 27, 2010
GAME progress
I have been making great progress on my GAME plan. I began to set up my turning points questions. I have created 5 questions that relate to the unit I am teaching. They are questions that will give me a great understanding of student understanding. I made sure to pick a few questions from each standard that I would like to assess. This will allow me to make sure that one correct answer will not mislead me to believe that the student understands when realistically they had a good guess. Students will have to get multiply questions correct for each standard to ensure they actually understand the concept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your progress. It is easy to get tripped up or come to a standstill when you are involving technology. I like that you have come up with a system to ensure students are actually understanding the concepts you are teaching. I often wonder how many times my students got an answer correct because of a good guess. Great ideas and good luck with the rest of your plan.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really interesting! In one of the classes that I taught last year we tried to come up with questions like this and have students show understanding. However, we could not really find a way to pose the questions other than an essay format. How are you using these or are going to use these questions?
ReplyDeleteWe kind of gave up on it because of the time it took to grade 170 response to multiple questions. I think it is a great idea still I would just need to find a simple way to do that. Any suggestions?
Erin