Sunday, January 24, 2010
GAME cont.
In order to carry out my GAME Plan. I decided to take a professional development class on the turning points program. This class taught me how to set up the format to create questions, how to locate the information of student results, and how to use the information once its collected. It was a great way to assess students understand quick and easy. Also, I can see the students loving using the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Taking a professional development class on your program would be an excellent way to carry out your GAME plan. I recently attended an all day training on a new software program our district purchased for every school in our district. This was very beneficial for me as well. Do you have all of the hardware necessary to utilize this program successfully? Will other teachers be using this software, if so will you be training them?
ReplyDeleteYou are very fortunate to be able to take a PD day in the economic state we are in right now. I think that shows a lot on your schools part, where they feel that educating their teachers is high on their priority list. However I did do a seminar last year on deciphering our curriculum and forming questions and lesson plans that incorporated more than one standard to maximize our time and including activities. It was great the team that ran it really understood that the standards were the basis but not the only thing we should be teaching. They really wanted us to use technology activities in our lessons.
ReplyDelete