Sunday, March 8, 2009

Technology

I have never realized how much technology I use in the classroom. On a daily basis, I use the smart board, the overhead projector, the copier, and my computer. Not only do I use these things every day, but they are a huge part of my educational teaching. My computer is used to communicate with colleagues, parents, and the other teachers on my team. I also use the computer for attendance purposes and grades. We have a program called Progress book where parents and students can check their grades daily. It is a great way for parents to stay informed of their child's academic progress. The smart board is another great piece of technology. However, right now I am having trouble managing it effectively in my small classroom. When I can manage the smart board I use it to pull up resources for the students, display classwork and homework, go over instruction, and so forth. It is a time effective way to address the needs of my visual learners. Another form of technology that people often forget about is the copier. The copier is crucial for my students. We often do not have the resources to provide every student with a book, but we do have the copier, so we can make class sets. This allows the students to have their own resources. The last form of technology that I use, is the projector. The projector allows me to display the homework with the answers already provided. It is very easy and time effective. I know that technology has not always been around, but for me it would be hard to teach without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment